Thursday, February 3, 2011

Paying Uncle Sam

Alright, I'll go ahead and say it.  I am late paying my sales and use tax for my company.  I'm not super late, just a few days which is long enough to warrant the government charging me interest and penalties.  Now since this is my fault, I'm not going to complain about the interest and penalties or even the sales tax.  Filing paperwork and paying money is the least fun part of owning a business.  When I decided to start AmandaMade, I had NO idea how many different papers there were to file and the number of fees there were to pay.  But that's not really what this blog is about because taxes are inevitable.

The funniest part about being late on paying my taxes is that my mother is an accountant and has been for years. You would think being the daughter of an accountant, I could send my money in on time.  Do me a favor and don't let her know I'm late.  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment