Monday, February 7, 2011

The Waiting Game

Back in the days when I was taking college classes to become a special education teacher, most people commented, "You must have a great amount of patience!"  I'm not sure if transitioning from a teacher to a small business owner has changed me or what, but nowadays my patience for waiting on others has definitely changed.

January 15th was the day I sent off an application for an art show of which I would really like to be included.  Apparently I won't know anything until somewhere around the end of February.  This is a cruel, cruel joke.  The reason I am impatiently waiting to hear the news about the application is because it is a "juried" art show.  These shows are just as one would guess.  A small group of people take a look at photos you have submitted, including the booth set-up, and the kind of work created.  Based on the photos and information provided, the "jury" decides if your work would be an amenable addition to their show.

Last year the bulk of the shows AmandaMade participated in were not juried, which means I could send off my money and application with the assumption that I would show up at the designated time and place to sell my wares.  This year, I have my eye on a few juried shows just to see how they go.  I have never been a fan of the waiting game, but until I'm comfortable enough with my work to know an art fair would be lucky to have me, it's going to be a reality.  Until then, the jury is still out.

No comments:

Post a Comment