Thursday, March 17, 2011

Alot to Celebrate!!

AmandaMade has been noticeably absent from the blog scene for a few weeks.  I don't really have an excuse for that other than there has not been a whole lot going on in my world.  I would hate to be one of those bloggers that writes just for the sake of writing and bore the heck out of my (4) readers.  Today there are a couple reasons to celebrate and therefore worthwhile stuff to write about.


1) Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone of Irish and non-Irish descent!  My maiden name is Doyle as anyone on Facebook can tell you.  It's one of those very Irish sounding last names that even got a few shout outs in the movie Billy Madison however it was O'Doyle.  Don't think I didn't go through high school without that reference a time or two, most notably on St. Patty's Day.  If you'd like to know what the heck I'm talking about, here's a montage:



2) Back in January, I posted a blog about the jurying process of art shows and festivals.  Well, the jury is no longer out and the result is I am in!!  I'll be at Art in the Arbor in Louisville on May 14 and 15.  Cue in Sally Field from the Academy Awards, "You like me, you really like me!"  Man I have a lot of work to do!  In a matter of weeks, I'll be in the midst of festival season.

3) Number three is something I've kept under wraps for a bit until I was sure it was going to come through.  Sean and I spent Christmas in Jamaica...it was kind of one of those bucket list items for both of us and it was glorious!  Warm, sunny days on Christmas is amazing for a girl that's lived in Kentucky all her life!  The sunsets were gorgeous, the food was delicious, and New Year's was out of this world.  Picture Panama City Beach on a Saturday night during Spring Break!  THAT was Negril on New Year's Eve.  Our beloved sleepy fishing village came alive and there were jerk chicken carts everywhere.

But that's not the reason I mentioned Christmas.  Traditionally, Sean and I go completely  overboard on gifts for Christmas, but this past year our gift to each other was the trip.  So we decided we would give each other just one gift each.  In the spirit of sharing the same brain, we both gave each other experiences instead of "things."  Mine to him is the gift of relaxation...a couple sessions of massage since he's always so stressed out.  His to me is the gift of education.  I will be attending the William Holland School of Lapidary Arts for a week of my choosing to learn whatever jewelry technique I choose.  At this point, I think I'll be choosing the class Wire I.  Until now, I've been able to teach myself the skills I need to be successful in the jewelry business.  I'm starting to find that I need to go outside the comfort zone to become the best artist I can be.  The date isn't determined yet, but I'm hoping I'll be heading to William Holland next month.  I cannot wait to expand my skills!  : )

So as you can see, I really do have a lot to celebrate right now.  Before I go overboard and write too much, I'll leave you with a fun, spirited picture this St. Patrick's Day!  Be responsible, don't drink and drive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment